I went back to see a new orthopedic doctor today about my back pain, and before anything else, he told me that, at this point, I should avoid doing things that make my back hurt. I kind of lost my shit, started crying and raised my voice at this point, because I don’t think anyone is listening anymore. I’m going for an MRI now, and I’m pretty fucking sure that they are missing something that I hope shows up in the MRI, because all their focus is ON THE WRONG SPOT. The spot that shows arthritis in my back has never caused me any problems. So, I thought I would write down all things I would have to avoid, if I want to not irritate my back.
- Stand up from sitting, or sit from standing.
- Get on or off the toilet.
- Go up and down stairs.
- Pick up dog poop when I’m walking the dogs.
- Pet the dogs.
- Get in and out of the car.
- Put on and take off pants or shorts.
- Put on, take off, or tie my shoes.
- Turn the shower on before getting in.
- Get in or out of the shower.
- Sit in the car more than 10 minutes.
- Sit and teach for more than 10 minutes.
- Bend forward at all.
So, I would like to know how this guy thinks I should live. He only recommended the MRI after I lost my shit in his office. If one more motherfucker tells me about my back pain that is not in the spot I told them it was, I will be forced to punch him in the face.